Back to News
Coronavirus - Important Update for all patients
Posted on 16 Mar 2020
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we ask that patients DO NOT attend the surgery unless you have spoken to a Nurse or GP first.
- Please tel prior to attending the surgery if you require an appt – 01946 692241.
- If you have a prebooked appt this will either be converted to a tel call or may be cancelled. You will be notified by text or telephone
- Please do not attend the surgery unless you have received a telephone call.
Please see Facebook/Twitter for further information and updates
We will have extra staff working very hard to ensure the telephones are answered as quickly as possible for you.
We are implementing additional cleaning in the surgery to mitigate risk of cross-contamination.
1. If you have flu-like symptoms please follow the advice of the government. Contact 111 if you are seriously unwell, otherwise, self isolate for 7 days. Click on the NHS link below for further information
2. We need to concentrate our efforts on those patients who require medical assessment for other urgent conditions and treatment. These patients will still be seen and treated after a telephone consultation.
3. All routine work will be suspended for the time being to avoid the virus spreading between patients.
4. Prescriptions will be supplied directly to your chemist and we thank you for using online ordering or the prescription voicemail with regards to any medication queries.
5. Please keep our receptionists free to answer queries about appointments.
6. Monitoring of highest risk medication will continue.
We thank you all for your help and patience with these unprecedented times. We will continue to keep you updated.
We also have enabled the online Messages option - PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR URGENT QUERIES. Your message will be dealt within 48 working hours